About AASTHA THAKUR
Age 23 - 27 Years
I am Aastha Thakur. A master’s graduate in Sociology, Alumnus of BITS Pilani, UPSC CSE aspirant, Gate and UGC NET JRF qualified, equipped with knowledge of diverse disciplines looking forward to leverage my existing knowledge and skills to secure a job opportunity. I am fluent in both English and Hindi. Till now I have worked as volunteer teacher for NGO Nirmaan and Eklavya India Foundation. I have taught Sociology, mathematical and logical reasoning for CUET examinations. I am looking forward to restart my career after taking educational break for UPSC CSE preparation.
2019 - 2021
I hold masters degree in Sociology from IGNOU with first division (75%).
2012 - 2016
BITS Pilani, Pilani campus, Rajasthan.
I have done my graduation from BITS Pilani. My discipline was Electrical and Electronics.
2023 - Present
Eklavya India Foundation, Yavatmal, Maharashtra
1. Taught Mathematical and Logical Reasoning to CUET-UG aspirants.
2. Taught Sociology domain subject to CUET-UG aspirants.
2014 - 2016
NGO Nirmaan, Pilani, Rajasthan.
Scheduled and coordinated meetings, appointments, and travel arrangements for other volunteers of the project.
Undertook weekly visits to slum area Nutbasti (twice in a week).
Taught children and helped them with their homework.
Monitored children’s performance by meeting with their teachers.
2014 - 2014
Aurangabad Electricals Ltd.
1. Prepared a comprehensive report documenting the energy consumption of Smelting plant of Aurangabad Electricals Ltd.
2. Presented the findings in power point presentation giving out suggestions for improvement.
3. Held interviews with Department heads and workers to understand the functioning of plant.
4. Recorded, transcribed, and distributed minutes of meetings and compiled paperwork to support department.
Honors & awards
Secured AIR-6 in Sociology exam.
I have secured rank 1 with a score of 175/200.
I cleared UGC NET JRF in Sociology with a score of 240.
I secured Rank 1 in Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education in my state.
I secured RANK 1 in my 11th class (non-medical science stream) in entire state (HPBOSE).
I have cleared UPSC- CSE prelims and mains twice with Sociology optional.